Sunday, March 20, 2011

Toilet Paper Stream South Park

2007 Lichtlé Riesling Grand Cru Goldert


Today, I had set myself to find a sheltered corner on the lot where I could sit and enjoy the spring sunshine, reading the new issue of Vinforum and sip on a riesling. I put a gray cloud cover end to the opportunity to realize the plans. Instead, I tried to fix the little spring inside with a bouquet of tulips, salmon and asparagus. Fortunately I did not have fake vinvalet.

I have written several times about Fernand Lichtlé et Fils wines. Today I tried 2007 Riesling Grand Cru Goldert. The wine is a gorgeous bright yellow hue. The smell is just the way I want it. Lots of mineral tones, slate and stone. It feels like a not yet fully developed petroleum odor. A little cleaner and more precise than previous vintages. Fruits there are of course also. Ripe tropical beats vänslas with apples and citrus. A little honey sweetness rounds off.

The wine has a true and bold character and a little oily mouth feel. The fresh acid is immersed in a pleasant barb. Relatively rich and powerful. Long, good taste on the theme of apples, honey and citrus.

Swedish importer is supposed to be on time. Of course, I hope that Eric Lichtlé comes with the truck to Denmark relatively soon. This was the last bottle from a six-pack and 92 DKK is hard to beat in terms of affordability.

0 comments:

Post a Comment