Monday, March 14, 2011

Lupus' More Condition_symptoms

2008 Wild Rock Angel Dust


Tonight's wine, I do not really have bought (which I actually did not technically). I am in fact a strong aversion to labels with words like Wild, Rock and / or Boom. The more letters the worse. Likewise, I avoid wines with animal labels or pictures of rock icons. Possibly a dog can pass, but where is the line somewhere.

Samtidgit I have been constantly curious about New Zealand syrah ago I read an article in Decanter sometime in the fall. Latest issue of the Journal inehöll another article in an annex. Where Rhona write up 2088 Wild Rock Angel Dust Syrah and the wine was actually available at my local vinhökare broke my resistance down enough far that I sent a decoy to the store to buy a bottle.

wine is as it should be a dense, dark purple color. The aroma is classic syrah. Intense aromas of blackberries and black currants. Here, there, white pepper, a little burnt out grill bed and some animal notes. Unfortunately, the drums are reminded of sweet vanilla and chocolate.

taste is good medium-bodied and follow the aromas well. The wine is really peppery, crisp acidity and good bärfrukt. The wine is fresh and most bluntly in a way that appeals to me. There is no doubt whatsoever that it is near the northern Rhône purely stylistically Had it not been for that fatvaniljen which also interferes with some of the flavor it would have been two thumbs up.
ON the whole, an okey wine to drink for Monday's spaghetti with meat sauce, but nothing I will buy again. Conversely, the Wild Rock Angel Dust Syrah in no uncertain terms that you can cultivate good syrah in New Zealand.

0 comments:

Post a Comment